How to set-up the Hik-Connect app on your smartphone or tablet
Updated: Apr 22
This guide will help you through the basics of setting up remote access to your DVR/NVR system using the Hik-Connect app.
Before you start
You will need the serial number of your recorder handy and you will also need to know your verification code. You should have recieved an email with this information on the day of your camera install. You can also find the serial number under the recorder.
On your phone or tablet install the Hik-Connect app.
Once installed, open the app and follow the prompts on the screen.
1) Select USA as your region and tap the check mark on the top right corner.
2) Tap Login and then Register. By default you have the option to register with your email address. You can also register using your mobile phone number by selecting on the bottom "Register by Mobile Phone Number".
3) Whichever option you choose, follow the steps and a 4-digit code to confirm your account will be sent via text if you registered by your mobile phone or via email if you registered with your email address.
1) Once you have logged in press the + icon on the top right corner and select Manual Adding.
2) Enter your device serial number and tap the save button on the top right corner. If your device is online you will see the model number of the device and the serial number you've entered.
3) Tap add and input the verification code and continue. You can now edit the name of your device to your liking (example Home or Office) under Edit Alias. Tap Save.
4) If you entered everything correctly you should see your cameras. If you are still having issues, please email us at email@example.com